Monday, February 9, 2009

One Of Those Days

Don't cha love it when everything just comes together in perfect sync? The planets align just right, your karma runs over your dogma, murphy and his law take a vacation, and you are the man and can just do no wrong!

Yesterday was not one of those days.

FUEL (our Sr. High worship experience) started way too late. We had major soundboard issues. Thus we had major band issues. No monitors worked right, so alot of songs were slow and painful. Not to the band's fault, but faulty equipment mind you. I had only ten minutes for my talk and was majorly rushed. We had a significant decrease in attendance because of flu, sports, tournaments, laziness, and lack of world peace in general. One of my superiors happened to wander in when nothing was going right. Not good timing.

Why couldn't it have been last week? Everything was flat out on. The band was tight. Worship was engaging. I finished a three week series on The Kingdom. Over 100 students there. Great moving of God at the end and two students even came to Christ! Our FUEL team was on task (well, they usually are-they own it!)

Oi!! There are just those days in youth ministry. I hate em, but they come. I'd be interested to know how anybody else deals with those days.

And to top it all off, I missed U2 opening up the Grammys! (But I caught it on YouTube later).

Oh well. There's next week and God is still in control.

No comments:

Post a Comment