Friday, March 12, 2010

And Away We Go!

Well, it's here. I'm tired and excited and I didn't sleep well last night. I think my last supper at Del Pueblo didn't set well with my allergies. Or maybe it was just the cooler weather. All the same, it's probably better so I can sleep on the plane tonight.

In about 4 hours I will head to the airport to embark on my biggest adventure (well, not counting marriage . . . and parenthood . . . and youth ministry). About 2 am Houston time I will arrive in Frankfurt, scramble to catch the next 9 hour leg, and arrive in Chennai about midnight Sunday morning (11:30ish Saturday morning Houston time). Yep. Already lost a day.

So many people have graciously supported this chance in gifts and prayer, and I am deeply grateful to all of you who have invested in one way or another so I can have this opportunity. I look forward to what God is gonna do both in my own life and in the lives of the nationals we minister to in India.

This will be my last regular blog until I get back, unless-I have a machine I can update on in Chennai. We will have wifi so I can Twitter and Facebook, so periodically check my page out here and on FB to see if I've been able to have any activity. In the middle of the week I will not be able to have internet access but will be able to again when I get back to Chennai at the end of the week. The team in Chennai will have a blog of their own: cbcindia2010team.blogspot.com

Please pray for the many things we have talked about on this blog and in my prayer emails to you. Especially remember my family while I am gone.

I look forward to sharing with you everything that God does.

Peace of Christ.

2 comments:

  1. JJ and all, I was scanning around to get info about your trip and began thinking how it must be for you to go this far with all your stuff and meet others to talk about Christ. It is a privilege to lift you and others in prayer these days you are gone. Thanks for putting me on your team. God bless and change you for His Glory, Ina Graham

    ReplyDelete
  2. JJ... sitting around the breakfast table at Jeff & Kirsten's today... praying for you and for your team and trip. May God anoint you with power and energy and enthusiasm and grace to do His work there in India. I can't wait to hear more about it and will be praying for you all week. I hope you're sleeping okay and that the food is being kind to you. Grace & Peace, Karin (Monson.)

    ReplyDelete