Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Is It Time For Your Medication or Mine?

I took my first Malaria pill this morning. I hear that over time as you take them kinda mess with you, although the daily brand that I'm taking is a lot milder on your system than the weekly brand. I also just looked up Malaria on Wikipedia. Yeah, shouldn't have done that (don't look it up honey). I did read that India has done very well though at eradicating it more than alot of other countries. It's funny how this has been in the back of mind all morning instead of final prep work, to do lists, and work. The Enemy can get you side tracked and worried about nothing often.

So my prayer focus I'm asking you to join in today is for health issues. Not just protection from Malaria and other little mean parasites that prey on pasty white tourists, but other things that could be more damaging. Pray that my Diabetes stays regulated. Rice and chicken will be the staple where we are going, and rice is starchy and turns into glucose which can wreck havoc on a Diabetic system. Pray for some healthier alternatives if possible and for God to supernaturally oversee my circulatory system. Pray for sleep at night so I can stay healthy-it will be hard being 12 hours ahead on Houston time. Pray for protection from cold, sinus, and flu strains. Not good things to have in a foreign country unless you have an unhealthy obsession with quarantine.

I know I will be fine, God is going ahead of us on this trip and is in control. Continue to pray for peace of mind for Anna, Kelsey, and Ben while I am gone and for their safety in Houston as well. It's easy not to feel fully safe when Dad is gone. It will help having some family in for the week and good friends and neighbors right there.

I appreciate all the prayers-feelin' em! God is gracious!

JJ

No comments:

Post a Comment